Because we all need a little more Benedict Showerbatch in our lives, here’s a clip of the cut scene from Star Trek Into Darkness.
Benedict Showerbatch. A+
here are some cool facts for you
- it has been proven time and again in study after study that there is no correlation between mental illness and violent behavior, except in that mentally ill people are more likely to have substance abuse problems and there is a correlation between substance abuse and violence. mental illness itself is not a risk factor for violent behavior
- yes that includes mental illnesses with psychotic features
- “In this study, the prevalence of violence among those with a major mental disorder who did not abuse substances was indistinguishable from their non-substance abusing neighbourhood controls. A concurrent substance abuse disorder doubled the risk of violence. Those with schizophrenia had the lowest occurrence of violence over the course of the year (14.8%), compared to those with a bipolar disorder (22.0%) or major depression (28.5%). Delusions were not associated with violence, even ‘threatcontrol override’ delusions that cause an individual to think that someone is out to harm them or that someone can control their thoughts.” (x)
- you hear that, motherfuckers
- mentally ill people - and yeah, even (especially!) those who are sick in what you think of as The Crazy Way - are not more dangerous than people without mental illnesses. it’s not ambiguous. it’s not a matter of debate
- how then do you justify using slurs that paint mentally ill people as dangerous
- how do you justify it when mentally ill people are two and half to four times more likely to be the victims of violent crime than average
- how do you justify it when mentally ill people are at an elevated risk for domestic violence and abuse
- how do you justify it when mentally ill people are almost universally the subjects of ridicule or fearmongering in popular media
- how do you justify it when mentally ill people are massively more likely to be unemployed and/or homeless than people without mental illnesses
- how do you justify it when mentally ill people are coerced and abused by the professionals who are supposed to help them
- how do you justify it when mentally ill people are afraid to seek help at all because of social stigma
- how do you justify it when these aren’t just suspicions but observable facts
- how the FUCK do you justify it
asked to be made rebloggable
“Dif-tor heh smusma don’t mean jack shit to real star trek fans”
“Dif-tor heh smusma” is the Vulcan phrase for “Live long and prosper.”
“Please go back to your country or follow blogs that speak your language…”
Can you tell what’s on my mind at work? #mhc #wthh
THIS IS THE BEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.
this was one of the first things I ever reblogged
IT MUST BE ON MY BLOG AGAIN THEN.
THE IRONY - CAPTAIN AMERICA AS THE SLEEPING BEAUTY
KUZCO AS TONY STARK
KUZCO AS STARK
So after seeing Beauty and the Beast 3D, can I just take a moment to discuss the un-tapped potential of post-movie ending shenanigans.
Prince Adam will be the most adorable obnoxious prince ever (also he is so handsome and dreamy UNPOPULAR OPINION WHATEVER I was swooning, do you not see that barrel chest and aquiline nose and OMG TOOTHY GRIN uuuuugh hot hot hot). I mean, he spent his developing life as a chimera beast. He had a hearty roar! HIS TEMPER WAS TERRIBLE. His eating habits took effort! He could jump banisters! Shit just doesn’t go away when he’s human, god damn. For the most part he’ll be doing his best to act like a proper gentleman but when he’s excited he’ll run up the stairs on all fours and when he’s in a mood (which let’s be honest will be 99.99999% of the time I mean we all saw the same movie right) he’ll have horrible posture and pouting and growling with great gusto. Even if he technically can’t do that anymore.
Also whoever is of the opinion that Belle gave up her life to be married (i.e. her dreams of travel, adventure, and seeing more!!!) can just go jump off something humongous because, uh, hello she married a prince who gave her an entire library wing as a starter. This is the woman that saved his life and that he adores beyond belief!!! THEY WILL GO TRAVELLING EVERYWHERE. omg can you imagine the tourism antics. They visit Italy! Belle is beside herself at the BEAUTY EVERYWHERE OMG and Adam meanwhile is trying not to get into the third fight that day.
Also did you see how they kissed
THEY ARE ALL OVER EACH OTHER LOOK AT HOW THEY HAVE BEEN WANTING TO LUST OVER EACH OTHER THIS ENTIRE MOVIE but all the furry crap made it all awkward and now they’re like, HOT DAMN LET’S DO THIS ALL THE TIME.
They will be loud as hell and Chip will be asking very awkward questions as to why they are always fighting in their room.
brb drawing fanart
anyone else jumping on this fanart wagon because it can’t just be me
the Prince acting like an ill-mannered animal still learning how to use forks YES
#this is what i need #beauty and the beast #SHAKING HIMSELF DRY FROM THE RAIN AND THEN ROLLING AROUND IN THE CARPET #GROWLING AT STRANGERS #SNIFFING EVERYTHING #Belle has to calm him down by stroking his ears
Things I never thought about before but need more than air.
over 3 decades of groundbreaking advances in information technology and now here we are
PLAY THE GAME PLAY THE GAME PLAY THE GAME
i dont know but http://www.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.com/ is pretty amusing
http://www.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.com/ IS CATS STUCK IN BOXES THIS IS FANTASTIC
coke you silly silly bastards
There’s sixty fucking two of them
they stopped at sixty two
this is why coke beats pepsi
Feels good, man.
a venn diagram of the things george washington said not to do and the things america did would be a circle
Thanks #obama. @alyddd
depression is when you don’t really care about anything
anxiety is when you care too much about everything
and having both is just like what
about 60% of Death Note.
Things that I write:
Things that I don’t write:
Things people haven’t heard of
- Closing the god damn door
Things the Bride is:
- A whore
Things I wouldn’t be caught dead in:
- This Place